- 18-Apr-2017 to 17-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Woodbury, MN, USA
- Full Time
- Metro Urology
Medical, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability, HSA, FSA, 401K Match, PTO and Holiday
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Patient Experience Coordinator covers check-in, check out, phone queue and patient lobby activities. The main purpose of this position is to improve customer service by reducing wait times for patients. This includes patients waiting to check in, schedule follow up appointments and calling in to the clinics for any reason. This person is responsible for monitoring check-in and check-out areas at Cornerstone, phone queue for all locations and prioritizing the area of greatest need. This person will also monitor the waiting room, request feedback from patients and family members concerning the services they are receiving and address any concerns, involving management if needed. This person coordinates and collaborates with the patient services staff and leads to provide optimal, compassionate, patient-centered care and create an excellent patient experience and promotes MN Urology by presenting a positive image of providers and services.
This position is based out of our Woodbury, MN location and may include travel witin the metro area.
- Ensure optimal patient experience by reducing wait time for patients in the clinic and on the phone.
- Serve as a role model for teamwork by creating and promoting an atmosphere conducive to teamwork among team members and across teams.
- Monitor effectiveness and efficiency of care delivery services and staff and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Receive and resolve patient complaints when possible. Consult leads and manager when unable to resolve patient concerns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Priority is to monitors phone queue, handle calls and alert leads when calls waiting exceed acceptable levels.
- Performs functions of check-in, check-out, scheduling and switchboard.
- Conducts regular rounds in clinic areas and patient lobby.
- Prioritizes needs in multiple areas of the clinic.
- Documents wait times and reviews electronic reports. Reports status and improvement activities to the leadership team
- Represent MN Urology in a professional manner including communication with patients, coworkers and providers.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times.
- Minimum of one year clinic experience in scheduling, reception or call center, specialty practice preferred.
- High school diploma or GED, some college preferred
- Proficiency in EMRs, Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge and experience of quality measures, goal implementation and achievement a plus.
- Lean or other process improvement experience preferred.
- Ability to monitor and maintain awareness of patient wait times in multiple clinic areas and on the phone.
Minnesota Urology P.A. is an equal opportunity employer.