- 13-Apr-2017 to 12-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Fridley, MN, USA
- Full Time
- Metro Urology
Medical, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k Match, PTO and Holiday Pay
Metro Urology, a division of Minnesota Urology P.A. is currently seeking a Clinical Assistant who will report to the West Region Clinic Manager. This position will primarily be based out of Fridley, MN and will include weekly travel to Plymouth, MN.
Responsible for providing basic care including assisting providers with all procedures and tests, traveling to satellite facilities with providers, providing patient education and teaching, communicating effectively with patients and all members of the clinical services team including receiving, recording, and responding to patient calls, and assisting other staff in the clinic.
- Performs routine office procedures and testing in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintains a constant awareness of policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates via telephone and in-person in a courteous, prompt and polite manner.
- Documents all information accurately in EMR.
- Responds to voicemail in a timely manner.
- Identifies common and recurring needs of the patient.
- Keeps all clinical areas clean and properly stocked.
- Identifies patient education needs and provide information.
- Documents observations, actions and patient outcomes.
- Handles information with discretion and maintains confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with providers, clinic director, nurse manager, co-workers and patients.
- Analyzes work methods to effectively organize work, make improvements and correct problems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES TO EFFECTIVELY PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform routine office procedures in a safe and effective manner.
- Knowledgeable in appointment scheduling and current insurance information.
- Incorporates the use of technology into day-to-day tasks by using Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, NextGen and UroChart effectively and accurately.
- Represent Metro Urology in a professional manner related to appearance, communication and the maintenance of patient and company confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work efficiently with direct manager, administration, providers, patients and staff.
- Ability to analyze work methods to effectively organize work, make improvements and correct problems.
- Supportive of the goals and objectives of Minnesota Urology.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Graduate of an accredited licensed practical nursing program or an accredited medical assistant program.
- LPN License or Medical Assistant Diploma.
- At least one year of previous clinical experience as a LPN or Medical Assistant.
- CPR Certification preferred.
Minnesota Urology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.