- 03-Apr-2017 to 02-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Robbinsdale, MN, USA
- Full Time
- Urology Associates
Medical, Dental, 401k match, Basic Life, Short/Long term Disability, FSA, HSA, Dependent Care, PTO and Holiday
JOB TITLE: Appointment Scheduler
DEPARTMENT: Patient Services
REPORTS TO: Patient Services Manager
Efficiently and effectively schedule patients for services provided by Urology Associates providers. Services include office visits/clinic appointments, laboratory, and radiology. Serve as liaison, on behalf of Metro Urology, with patients, clinics, and hospitals.
- Schedule patients accurately and efficiently for all office appointments requested by Urology Associates providers.
- Maintain effective and accurate daily provider appointment schedules.
- Inform patients regarding special diets, prep instructions, general insurance/referral information, arrival times, dates, locations, etc.
- Ensure that patients are scheduled at correct locations based on patient insurance requirements for radiologic procedures.
- Mail appointment packets, maps and preps for required appointments.
- Register new patients including all required demographic information.
- Instruct patients on relevant clinic, financial and referral policies.
- Update registration for established patients ensuring accurate up to date demographic information and prior to scheduling appointments.
- Document scheduled laboratory and radiology testing and procedures in chart notes within UroChart system.
- Reschedule and/or block cancelled appointments minimizing inconveniences to patients.
- Serve as a contact for hospitals, clinics, and physicians in regards to schedules, procedures, or concerns.
- Communicate effectively and compassionately with patients, other staff, management and physicians.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES TO EFFECTIVELY PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Metro Urology in a professional manner related to appearance, communication and the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively incorporate the use of technology into day-to-day tasks (Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Intergy).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and practice information.
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with patients, co-workers, management, and providers.
- Ability to travel to additional locations if staffing needs require.
- Effectively obtain referrals and/or inform patients on how to receive referrals.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Supportive of the goals and objectives of Urology Associates.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of two years appointment scheduling, preferably in a medical office environment.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Experience with insurances preferred.
- Experience or knowledge of Intergy, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Ability to organize work for efficiency.
- Problem solving skills as related to appointment scheduling.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Computer, keyboard, monitor and printer, calculator, writing utensils, multi-line telephone, copy/fax machine and scanner.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Some bending and stretching required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Fast paced office environment with consistent telephone and in-person contact with providers, co-workers and patients.
Minnesota Urology P.A. is an equal opportunity employer.