- 09-Mar-2017 to 08-May-2017 (EST)
- Woodbury, MN, USA
- Full Time
- Metro Urology
Medical, Dental, Basic Life, Short Term/Long Term Disability, 401k Match, HSA, Flexible Spending, PTO and Holiday Pay
JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Administration and Finance
REPORTS TO: Director, Finance & Accounting
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Provides accounting support to the Director, Finance & Accounting with primary responsibilities for ensuring the integrity of accounting and payroll information including coordinating processes and recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Maintains general ledger account balances in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Supports month-end and year-end close process.
- Coordinates the flow of vendor invoices through EZ Content, content management system, including the upload of information to the accounting software program to ensure timely approval and payment of invoices.
- Upload bi-weekly payroll data from ADP to the general ledger ensuring the distribution of payroll funds to third party vendors, and verifying finished product. Works closely with the Department of Human Resources regarding additions, changes, and terminations within the payroll system. Serves as a back-up to processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Provides work direction to Accounts Payable Clerk.
- Performs all the required daily banking operations involving deposits, cleared checks, and bank statement reconciliation.
- Assists with completion of quarterly and annual tax statements such as, MN Care, Sales and Use, MN Unclaimed Property, and 1099s.
- Contributes to department and organization special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ABILITIES TO EFFECTIVELY PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to effectively incorporate the use of technology into day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels within the organization and external agencies.
- Ability to protect organization value by maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Supportive of the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals of Metro Urology.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with four plus years experience.
- Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Accounting software (Sage 100 preferred), EZ Content (preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Minnesota Urology P.A. is an equal opportunity employer.